How was your weekend? Did you have the Valentine’s Day of your dreams? We enjoyed some sofa time + DVR time while the kids were out hanging out with their grandparents. We had a romantic lunch at the drive thru at Wendy’s then followed it up with a late night family trip to Target.
You already know my affinity for all things #FatSnacks. Today is no different; I was browsing Pinterest and came across this deliciousness. I decide to try my hand and put my own spin on it and that thang was good. Pinterest will get you all the way hype and then your item comes out looking like WTF. That was NOT the case this time; so I had to share.
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Sourdough Bread – I picked up a loaf made by Pepperidge Farm, they’ve been around forever.
Butter – I use a spread
Cheese – This sandwich was so good I made one for me then one for Babe. My favorite of the two cheeses I used was Cracker Barrel cheddar cheese.
Bacon – I’m a fan of Oscar Myers
Guacamole – Safeway makes a fresh Guac in their deli. It is so good I had to use it.
Egg – I fried up one egg
If you see ingredients you don’t like twerk them to your liking. The original sandwich I saw didn’t include an egg. I thought it would be good so I added it into the mix. Make it what YOU want.
- Bacon makes everything better so I cooked some up. I used three strips.
- While your bacon is good cut up your cheese.
- Fried up an egg, I don’t do runny eggs so no sunny side up around here.
- Butter each side of your bread.
- Place the butter side down into the pan.
- While your bread is toasting put your cheese on.
- Add the egg on top of the cheese.
- Add your bacon
- Add a second layer of cheese
- Add guac
- Add the second piece of bread and flip it over in the pan.
- The top side should be perfectly golden brown.
- Once the bottom side is golden brown, plat it and
Quick and simple as promised.