Spring is here, and we are ready to get outside and do the thangs. Spring Break is in two weeks and we need to keep the kids busy. I have a list of activities going on in the D: DC M: Maryland V: Virginia area. If you are located outside of the area I have a list of activities and resources you can use to locate the fun. The great thing is the fun can be for the family, geared towards the kids, Girl’s Night Out, Boy’s Night Out and Date Night.
I shared some of these events on Majic 102.3 here in the Washington, DC area. The Segment starts at the 00:58-minute mark. Big thanks to The LBD for having me.
Outdoor Movies: FREE
- National Harbor, Movies on the Potomac:
Family Movies/Kids starts May 7th every Sunday @6PM
Date Night movies, start May 4th every Thursday@7PM
- NOMA, no schedule announced
- Screen on the Green, National Mall, no schedule announced
- Light the City, Baltimore, MD: March 31st – April 8th 7 PM to 11 PM FREE
Festival of lights, music, and innovation. Open until midnight on Friday & Saturday.
- Blossom Kite Festival, Saturday, April 1st 10 AM to 4:30 PM FREE Rain date rain Sunday, April 2nd
We’ve done this one several times. It is always fun to watch the colorful kites. This is the seventh annual Blossom Kite Festival at the Washington Monument (the pencil). Activity stations, skilled kite makers, and kite fliers will exhibit their craft. Bring your own kite to fly.
- National Cherry Blossom Parade, Saturday, April 8th 10 AM FREE
This is another favorite of ours, The mile-long parade along Constitution Avenue runs from 7th to 17th streets in Northwest D.C. Featuring giant balloons, floats, celebrities and performers, the spectacle will dazzle spectators from the National Archives to the Washington Monument.
- Southwest Waterfront Fireworks Festival, Saturday, April 15, 2 PM to 9:30 PM FREE
The event features live music, a beer garden, food trucks and activities for people of all ages.
From 6 PM to 9 PM head to The Titanic Memorial for pre-fireworks entertainment.
- Washington National’s, first home game is Monday, April 3rd
- Southern Maryland Blue Crabs, first home game Thursday, April 20th
- Bowie Baysox, first home game Thursday, April 13th
- Baltimore Orioles, first home game, Monday, March 27th
Smithsonian National Zoo (DC):
- Easter Monday, April 17th
Celebrate Easter Monday at the Smithsonian’s National Zoo with special animal demonstrations and the Easter Panda.
- Earth Optimism Day, Saturday, April 22nd
For other Easter Activities in your community check the following places: Library, County Parks, Museum, Farms, and the Mall