Today is one of the greatest days of our lives. Yes, your life too don’t try and debate that with me.
On this day 38 years ago I burst into this world. Seriously, I legit burst into this world. I came out while the doctor had his back turned to my Mom washing his hands. My Mom yelled for the nurse to catch me before I hit the floor. O_o How is that for an entrance? It was evident at 11:11 PM on October 18, 1979, that I was going to leave my mark on the world.
- I hate gum and don’t chew it.
- At 38 my Mommy will still refer to me as Tinkerbell.
- I never leave home without peppermints.
- I’m addicted to a good bathrobe, I have several and wear them almost daily.0
- I own a Muumuu, like a legit old lady muumuu and I love it. It is the single item I have from my grandma.
- Hot pink is my favorite color.
- I’m a sucker for a designer handbag.
- I’ve seen every episode of A Different World but still act like it is the first time every time I watch.
- My favorite Disney Princess is Princess Tiana.
- My favorite Disney movie quote is “Don’t make me light up my butt.” – Princess and the Frog
- My favorite candy is Sweet Tart Mini Chewy.
- My favorite dance move is a body roll.
- Signature lipstick: Mac Ruby Woo + Nightmoth liner
- Celeb Crush: Michael B. Jordan
- Favorite Movies: Baby Mama, ATL, Devil Wears Prada, and Sex in the City.
- Favorite Musical: Dream Girls & RENT
Last night I asked some of my FB friends what they thought of me. Here are a few of the comments I received:
P.L. ” I love how you’ve embraced your passion for blogging and crafts.”
N.D. “You love and live life to the fullest”
K.J. ” I love your style!! Always have!!”
T.W. “I love your confidence. You clearly do things your own way. Always have ❤” M.L.J Agreed
J.A.H “I like how free your spirit is, + you are a great mom.”
C.R. ” I love your progress over the years – facing your fears head-on.”
A.J “You are DOPE because you are a Mom and Entrepreneur, balancing schedules, making time when there is no time left in the day. I see you, I salute you! Above ALL, you do it effortlessly and stay fly while doing it.”
Life isn’t perfect and I’m not perfect but life is good. If you had told me this is where I would be at 38 I wouldn’t have believed you. I’m thankful for my struggles because it has made me stronger. I’ve accomplished things that I didn’t even know I wanted. I’ve found my passions and I’m going after it. I have two amazing happy and healthy kids and I love being their Mom. I didn’t know they would push me and motivate me to do bigger and better. They teach me new things all of the time. Babe deals with my crazy ideas, he supports me going after my dreams. We’ve been together for a long time and it has been a journey. I wouldn’t want to do life with anyone else.
38 is good, the older I get the less I care about others. I’m more secure in myself than I’ve ever been. I’m not afraid to be me and I have people in my life that celebrate that. I couldn’t ask for anything else, other than a few thousand dollars but that is only if someone is asking.
Celebs born on October 18th:
Neyo 10/18/1979 10/18/1926 Singer,/Songwriter/Actor: Stomp the Yard Music for Princess and the Frog
Zac Efron 10/18/1987 – Singer/Actor: High School Musical, New Year’s Eve
Joe Morton 10/18/1947 – Actor: Scandal, A Different World
Frieda Pinto 10/18/1984 – Actor: Slumdog Millionaire, Guerrilla