This has been another epic year for MimiCuteLips. My proudest MimiCuteLips moment for 2017 was the clarity; after years of struggling to figure out what I wanted to do, it found me. My love and joy is being a Lifestyle Media Correspondent; providing media coverage in a variety of forms. Some of those forms are included in my Top 10 Moments for 2017.
My word for 2017 was Leap, and I did just that; these top 10 moments are in no particular order.
#1 Trademark: ®
In 2017 my trademark with the United States Patent and Trade Mark office became official. I own Cute Lips, that means if you use Cute Lips in any form (ie: adding words before or after I can come for you.) This year I started branding LittleCuteLips for my daughter, I can do so because I OWN IT!
#2 Media Appearances: 8 TV appearances this year
I had my face on the tizzube as often as I could in 2017. You saw me on ABC 7/ News Channel 8 Good Morning Washington 6 times; 1. Valentine’s Day 2. Easter Crafts 3. Baby Shower Gifts 4. Halloween Costumes 5. Gratitude Crafts 6. National Ugly Christmas Sweater.
You saw me on WUSA 9, Great Day Washington once. This was a new channel for me so I love adding his outlets to my media banner. I was on talking about Subscription Box Gifts.
My biggest/longest TV appearance in 2017 was on ABC’s The Chew. YOUR GIRL IS IN SYNDICATION! (See #5)
#3 Features: This year I’ve been featured on two shows and I had a blast. I will do more of that in 2018.
I was on the Tanya Barnett Show and talked about Self-care as a Mom and a Business Owner and how to make time for Bae. Tanya has a book coming out in 2018 and I’m featured in it. More on that in the coming months.
#4 YouTube: Growing my Audience
One of my goals for the years was to make more videos and grow my YouTube following. Subscribe HERE! This year I got a video introduction, I felt so official and it is perfect for my brand. I created 37 videos that include events, experiences, adventures, family, love, etc.
#5 The Chew: Being on ABC’s The Chew with my cousins was in the top 5 moments of 2017. I’m taking business and personal, the experience start to finish was so incredibly amazing. Then we had a viewing party at my house with family and friends. We were even more hyped up.
#6 Lol Comedy Honors: I ventured to Harlem, New York for this inaugural Lol Comedy Honors event and it was so much fun. I interviewed and laughed with comedians I’ve been watching on TV since I was a child. They were all so down to earth and a pleasure to chat with.
#7 Jenifer Lewis: Meeting Jenifer Lewis this year was in the top 5 moments of this year for me. I have loved her since A Different World and this year her “In These Streets” video went viral. She emerged on the ever popular show Blackish. She is still slaying Hollywood.
#8 Hosting Events: This year I hosted events for the first time. The University of Maryland asked me to host a cooking demonstration they were doing. I said yes without over thinking it and it lit a fire. After that, I hosted a Fashion Segment at the Bash Pop Up Shop, and then I hosted the DC Stop of Danni Starr’s book tour.
#9 Power Event: I love TV and I watch a lot of it. Spending my evening with the cast of Power and watching the Season opener and THEN partying with them into the night. So epic! Also Omari Hardwick, I’m just saying.
#10 Interviews: I Interviewed 17 Celebrities
- Danni StarDanni Star: Radio Personality, TV Star & Author
- This was my absolute favorite interview of the year. Everything about our interview screams I’m a legit journalist.
- Marlon Wayans: Comedian and TV Star
- I interviewed him and sat and watched the first two episodes of his new show Marlon with him. EPIC!
- Andy Shallal: Business Owner and Activist
- St. Jude Radiothon: I love supporting St. Jude, they are such a worthy cause.
- Jawn Murry: TV Personality
- Vashawn Mitchell, Gospel Artist
- Stephen Hurd, Gospel Artist
- Clifton Ross III, Gospel Artist
- Charles Butler, Gospel Artist
- Lol Comedy Honors (See # 6)
- Cocoa Brown, Actor & Comedian
- Marsha Warfield, Actor & Comedian
- Adele Givens, Actor & Comedian
- Mrs. Bernie Mac, Wife of Comedian Bernie Mac
- Jasmin Brown, Actor & Comedian
- Tristen Winger, Actor & Comedian
- Vena E, Comedian
- D.L. Hughley, Actor, Comedian & Activist
- DJ. Diamond, DJ to the top comedians
Thank you for rocking with the MimiCuteLips brand so hard in 2017. Your love, your comments, your shares and your support do not go unnoticed. Cheers to doing it even better in 2018.