Last week I caught up with my WHUR favorites, The Husbands. I sat down with them this time last year to talk about Why Marriage is Not a Must Have for me. Even now that I am married, my opinions have not changed. So it was only right that we talk about what life is like after saying I Do.
If you live under a rock then get caught up here. I already shared the details of our I Do, and how we told our family. So we chatted about what life is like now. Spoiler Alert: Two months in, and it doesn’t feel any different.
Life after the wedding 2 Months in:
- Marriage is a milestone for some people, it is a lifelong goal that they desire to check off of their list. No such list exists for me.
- Although marriage wasn’t a goal for me I still treasure it 100%.
- It makes me giggle to be called Mrs. Robinson
- I love all of the newlywed stuff.
- I’m still getting used to being called a wife and saying the word husband.
- Us getting married changed nothing for our kids.
- Since being married I’m more intentional with our time.
- Changing my last name everywhere was rather uncomplicated.
- Perfecting your new signature takes some work.
- I would do it all again the exact same way!
Shoutout to The Husbands for having me. You know I love that!
Since I planned a wedding in 30 days I’m an official expert. Which means I have tips to share that will help you no matter what your wedding style is. Tune in to Good Morning Washington on Friday, June 28th at 9:20 AM. If you are outside of the Washington, DC area you can watch on www.wjla.com. If all else fails you know I will share it here and on social.